Transfer Station – Residents Use
866 River Road (Rt. 110)
Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Additional Questions, call Highways & Bridges at 203-924-9277
Proof of Residency – One of the following is required:
- Valid Connecticut Driver’s License
- Current Shelton tax bill with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
- Current utility bill with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
- All Vehicles must be unloaded manually
- No Waste generated from outside the City of Shelton
There is No Charge to Residents for the Following:
Residential Construction Debris
- DEMO Material- Sheetrock, siding, plumbing fixtures, wood, generated from renovation or other improvements of residential property occupied by the resident. If a Building Permit is required for the work to be done, a copy must be presented.
- ROOFING Material- originating from a residential property occupied by the owner performing their own work. A copy of the permit is required.
Passenger Tires – Four Tires per residence per year.
For all other items – generated on residential property occupied by the owner or resident leasing an apartment, are accepted at the Transfer Station as allowed under the GENERAL PERMIT issued to the City by the State of Connecticut D.E.E.P.
For a list of items accepted at the Shelton TRANSFER STATION:
Oversized Items NOT Collected Curbside