Transfer Station – Residents Use
866 River Road (Rt. 110)
Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Closed: Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day.
Additional Questions, call Highways & Bridges at 203-924-9277
Proof of Residency – One of the following is required:
- Valid Connecticut Driver’s License
- Current Shelton tax bill with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
- Current utility bill with a corresponding name and address on a photo ID
- All Vehicles must be unloaded manually
- No Waste generated from outside the City of Shelton
There is No Charge to Residents for the Following:
Residential Construction Debris
- DEMO Material- Sheetrock, siding, plumbing fixtures, wood, generated from renovation or other improvements of residential property occupied by the resident. If a Building Permit is required for the work to be done, a copy must be presented.
- ASPHALT ROOFING Material- is NOT ACCEPTED.