Registrar of Voters Office
REGISTRAR OF VOTERS OFFICE
Democratic/Republican Presidential Preference Primary
August 11, 2020
Poll hours 6 AM to 8 PM.
Registrar of Voters’ Office Hours – 54 Grove Street, Shelton
Beginning July 13,2020 Monday – Wednesday 8:00 – 3:30 PM
About Registrar of Voters
The Registrar’s Office records and processes all voter registration applications for the City of Shelton. The office organizes staff and directs the entire election process for all referendums, primaries, elections and also conducts voter registration sessions throughout the year and performs a yearly canvass of Shelton voters to maintain voting records.
While elections and registration for elections are handled locally, the Registrars’ Office operates under the laws of Connecticut.
USEFUL LINKS & FORMS
Absentee Ballot Application (Please return applications to the Shelton Town Clerk at 54 Hill Street, Shelton, CT 06484)
REQUIREMENTS TO REGISTER TO VOTE
- be a United States citizen
- be a Resident of Shelton
- be at least 17 years old (must turn 18 before election day)
- have completed confinement and parole if previously convicted of a felony
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
There are four ways to register to vote:
- By Mail
- In Person
- Election Day Registration (except primaries)
To use the online voter registration system (blue link below) you must have a valid driver’s license, learner’s permit or non-driver photo identification card issued by the CT Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and a signature on file with DMV.
Use the link below to: (1) register to vote in Connecticut, (2) change your name and/or address on your current registration record, or (3) enroll in a political party or change party enrollment Use the link below to change your address if you move within Shelton. If you have questions, contact the Registrar of Voters Office at (203) 924-2533.
2. By Mail
To download Voter Registration Forms and other Election Forms to print and mail click the following link:
All voter mail-in applications must be postmarked, or received by the Registrar of Voters or Voter Registration Agency, by August 6,2020.
3. In Person
You can come in person to: (1) register to vote in Connecticut, (2) change your name and/or address on your current registration record, or (3) enroll in a political party or change party enrollment (changing parties may result in losing rights in all parties for three months).
Registration can be done anytime during normal office hours or at the Special Voter Registration Sessions to be held at 54 Grove Street on the following dates:
- Tuesday, July 28,2020 9:00AM to 7:00PM
- August 6, 2020 Thursday Deadline for new voters, and for unaffiliated voters, to enroll in a party for voting in it’s primary. For new voters, Mail-in applications must be post marked, or received by the Registrar of Voters, or voter registration agency, by this date. For unaffiliated voters, the mail-in application must be received (not merely postmarked) by the registrar of voters by this deadline. (See exception below for in-person enrollment)
- Monday August 10, 2020 for a limited in person voter registration session, to admit those seeking to vote in election whose qualification as to age, citizenship or residence was attained since July 28,2020 Hours 9:00AM – 5:00PM. (CT Statute 9-17)
Richard O. Belden Cultural Center
54 Grove Street
Shelton CT 06484
203-924-2533, Option 1
Peter Pavone, Ext. 306 (R)
Janet Sabovik, Ext. 305 (D)
Marilynn Forbes, Ext. 307
Bob Lally, Ext. 320